Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dear God!

The Malaysian Court of Appeal wasn't practising good law when it overturned a 2009 ruling by the High Court that adjudged that a Christian newspaper could use the term 'Allah' to refer to the Christian God. The reversal ignored the weight of history, linguistics, plain simple logic, common sense and, yes, charity. Above all you don't sense any fairness in the judgement. The decision leans in favour of one party over another by fiat - because someone says so that makes it so. To be honest to their conscience, these 'learned' judges should give up their robes and join politics, for that is what this judgement is about.

1 comment:

BlackmooreJoe said...

I have one personal moment for which I am very grateful to God. I was confused when I found out that my girlfriend cheated on me. Heavy thoughts came to my mind. But then I accidentally came across a link to luvcougar. So I found a new meaning and a new relationship. It's hard for me to think that I could miss this sign of fate.