Monday, February 18, 2008

Elect the Blogger

The temperature is hotting up, not only in Kuala Lumpur, but elsewhere throughout the Peninsula and East Malaysia. PM Badawi disssolved Parliament on 13 February 2008, paving the way for a General Election in March 2008.

Significantly, at least one prominent blogger - Jeff Ooi - is getting into the fray and putting himself up for election. He wrote:

But the call of national duty is definitely prompting me. I need to do what I wanted to do in JEFF 4 MALAYSIA campaign, and I have made some details here, to explain the mission. The state Election Manifesto, which I helped draft, will be release at the right time. I am certain that talk is cheap and beyond being a blogger, I need a legislator role to speak up for Malaysians!

Well, as a fellow blogger, I wish him well. As a foreigner, I'd stay neutral in the contest. But it seems that he does need a lot of campaign contribution and the amount he has received so far is paltry. Perhaps the rest of Malaysia's bloggers are not too enthused that one of their own is putting himself forward for national duty?

Visit his Blogsite and his Election Site to find out more.

No comments: