Thursday, November 08, 2007

Karang Guni nation

I heard, don't know if it is true, that Russia is prepared to sell Malaysia the Soyuz spacecraft that its first angkasawan, Dr Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor, made history in.

Now what would Malaysia do with such as spacecraft, I wonder?

It can't launch it into space itself as it does not have the know-how nor the infrastructure to do so itself.

It doesn't have a viable space industry that would benefit from the design technology of the space craft.

However, it can keep it in a space museum, I suppose. A space museum is not difficult nor too costly to set up. All proud Malaysians will make a bee-line for the exhibit in order to to inflate their chests once more. The Malaysia government can collect entrance fees to recoup the money it would have to pay for this piece of immobile technology (i.e. it will never fly again).

Well, I don't know if Russia is making this a gift, or if it is selling it at a discount for goodwill purposes or what. But it does seem to me that if Russia is willing to unload this spacecraft, they consider this spacecraft as having reached its useful lifespan.

In other words, its ready for the Karang Guni man to collect it. Will Malaysia want to be the Karang Guni nation?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truely agree with your post!!!

When I found out the news about buying the space craft, I was like WHAT?!?!

Come on... Pay more attention on home front and lets solve the problems and not spend on unnecessary things! What's the use of the space craft?! Creat job op? A new tourist attraction?! Come on... Don't make it another laughing stock for the others!!!

Wake up leaders!!! Repair our roads!!! Upgrade our public transportation system!!! Finish up what you had planned!!!

My humble 2cent!

mr.udders said...

It is 'Karung' guni, not 'Karang' guni.

Karang means coral in Malay.

Epilogos said...

I stand corrected. It is obvious that the quality of my Malay is the Karung Guni type, picked up from here and there and containing a lot of errors.